All of the classes on our schedule are suitable for first time students. No experience is necessary, just the desire to live a healthier, happier life!
- New students please arrive at least 20 minutes before class to register. If you are under 19 you need to have your parents signature on our Liability Waiver. Please download, print and have it signed by your parent when you arrive at the studio.
- Wear what you will be most comfortable sweating in. Most women prefer shorts and a jog bra or tank top. Guys, be sure you can move and stretch in the shorts you wear! No pants please.
- Keep hydrated! Drink plenty of water before and after class.
- Avoid eating a HEAVY meal 2-3 hours before class begins.
- A yoga mat, towel and water is all you need in class. Mat’s towels and water are available for purchase at the studio.
Bring an open mind! While you may not be able to perform all the postures as well as you feel others in the class are on your first visit, don’t be discouraged! A successful Bikram Yoga practice requires persistence and determination. Remember, yoga is not about how perfectly you perform the postures but instead how perfectly you try to perform the postures the right way. Listen to your instructor and work at a comfortable pace, with a little practice and experience you’ll quickly feel right at home!
We encourage all new students to come back for their second class the next day — especially if you wake up a little tender. Stiffness and sore muscles are indicators of the strengthening and transformation taking place as a result of your practice. Following up with another class will assist in conditioning the muscles and advance the healing process.